MAXROAM is an international prepaid travel SIM which allows you to roam in over 180 countries and save up to 90% on global roaming costs. Make and receive calls, send texts and enjoy prepaid data roaming wherever you are in the world. Simply replace your ordinary SIM with a MAXROAM travel SIM while overseas.
Your phone needs to be unlocked and generally less than 5 years old. You have the option to forward your own mobile number so contacts can easily get in touch even when you're abroad. Managing your account is simple, recharge with a credit card online at any time. The MAXROAM travel SIM is compatible with most unlocked regular, micro and nano SIM handsets, smart phones, laptops and tablets, including the Apple iPhone™ 4-7.
Making a international call couldn't be easier. Simply dial the number you need to contact including a plus sign and country code. Then press "call".
Sending a text is the same as normal. Just input the number including plus sign and country code and press send.
To use data when you are travelling, ensure that "data roaming" and "mobile data" are switched on in your phone settings.
With data rates from as little as €0.05 per MB, you can continue to enjoy using data while you travel just like you do at home without the risk of a huge roaming bill from your mobile operator.
Don't forget that some apps may use data in the background so when you are travelling make sure to only enable the apps you actually need.
If your balance is running low don’t worry! We send you a "low balance alert" so you can top-up before you run out of credit.
To top up your account just click "Shop" on the homepage. Here, you can add to your cash balance or save even more by buying an international bundle. We have bundles for calls, text & data or data roaming only, for various regions worlwide. Something for everyone!
Adding an international bundle to your SIM can give you even bigger savings!
To purchase bundles, your SIM must already be activated and you must be logged into your account. Once logged in, go to the "Shop" page, and choose from our range of attractive bundles on offer.
To see our rates without bundles, visit our Rates page here
Please note: When you buy a prepaid bundle it always activates immediately and will expire at the end of the bundle period: e.g. if you buy a 500Mb 30-day bundle today, it will expire 30 days from today. Therefore to get the best value we suggest you purchase prepaid bundles just before you travel, or when you are already on your trip.
Also if you purchase more than one bundle at one time, those bundles will be active at the same time. We suggest you purchase an extra bundle only when you have used up the previous bundle.
Before you set off on your travels don’t forget to make sure your MAXROAM global SIM is activated and working correctly. Follow these easy steps:
- Make sure your phone or tablet is unlocked (not locked to one particular network). Your local provider can help you unlock your device if needed.
- Activate your SIM. Click "Activate SIM" on the homepage. Enter the 19 digit number found on the front of the SIM card surround or the reverse of the SIM chip itself.
- You will be requested to fill in some user details and create a new username and password for your user account.
- The setting option will be prompted. Select the Operative System of your phone so you can configure your phone.
- Insert your new SIM into your phone or tablet and switch it on. Make sure that you pick up a local network.
- Finally, once you have tested that the SIM is working, either take out the SIM or switch data roaming off on your device until it’s time to travel. By doing this your email and apps don't inadvertently use your included credit before you leave!
- You are all ready to go. It’s that simple!
We recommend you test all services before you travel and familiarise yourself with the features of your travel SIM.
Maxroam allows you to roam in over 180 countries and save up to 80% on Global Roaming costs.
Making International Calls
To make a phone call or send a text, simply input the number including plus sign and international dialling code
Using data roaming
To use data when you are travelling, all you need to do is ensure that ‘data roaming’ and ‘cellular data’ are switched on in your settings.
If your balance is running low, you will receive a ‘low balance alert’ so you can top-up before you run out of credit.
Setting Up Your SIM
Before you travel it’s important that your SIM is set up correctly.